Want to fix it so your garage band rocks the neighborhood?
Want to solder the faulty wire on your old phonograph so you can play those 60s albums you’ve kept all this time?
Whether you’re a do-it-yourselfer , hobbyist, or student , this book will turn you on to real-world electronics. It quickly covers the essentials, and then focuses on the how-to instead of theory. It covers:
* Fundamental concepts such as circuits, schematics, voltage, safety, and more
* Tools of the trade, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic probes, and more
* Common electronic components (e.g. resistors, capacitors, transistors)
* Making circuits using breadboards and printed circuit boards
* Microcontrollers (implementation and programming)
Author Gordon McComb has more than a million copies of his books in print, including his bestselling Robot Builder’s Bonanza and VCRs and Camcorders For Dummies. He really connects with readers! With lots of photos and step-by-step explanations, this book will have you connecting electronic components in no time! In fact, it includes fun ideas for great projects you can build in 30 minutes or less. You’ll be amazed! Then you can tackle cool robot projects that will amaze your friends! (The book gives you lots to choose from.)
Students will find this a great reference and supplement to the typical dry, dull textbook. So whether you just want to bone up on electronics or want to get things hooked up, souped up, or fixed up,…whether you’re interested in fixing old electronic equipment, understanding guitar fuzz amps, or tinkering with robots, Electronics For Dummies is your quick connection to the stuff you need to know.