It runs on MTD/yaffs2 (like Nexus One) which means you're not able to flash any kernel or run any filesystem you want. Use it as it is.
Only data partition, which is on movinand, is ext4 like on speedmod or voodoo ("lagfix").
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported. ** ** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues ** you may encounter while running one of these builds. ** ** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading ** cause of male impotence.
What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled build of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).
Warning : Not for new users, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
- Make sure you're running a Eclair/Froyo Firmware (2.1 or 2.2) and Eclair/Froyo Bootloaders!
--> Bootloaders + Froyo + Speedmod: http://sourceforge.net/projects/team...A.tar/download
- Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Do a Nandroid backup!
- WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
- Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps, after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.
Latest version: http://adf.ly/20fp8
Compatible Radio Images (>= Nightly 15): http://adf.ly/20fqg
Supported devices: GT-I9000, GT-I9000M, GT-I9000T
before flash is recommended to check the md5sum
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOWTO BUILD FROM SOURCES:
- atinm - http://twitter.com/atinm
- codeworkx - http://twitter.com/codeworkx
- coolya - http://twitter.com/dumdidum
- guiperpt - http://twitter.com/guiperpt
- unhelpful - http://twitter.com/unhelpfulone
- Host: irc.freenode.net:6667
- Channels: #cyanogenmod, #cyanogenmod-dev, #cmsgs
- Generic Changelog
- CyanogenMod Source Twitter
- Device specific Changelog by igor.tonky
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
Credit to codeworkx
Donate for him -> Here