Ice Cream Sandwich Ported to the #Samsung Galaxy S - #android #sgs #IceCreamSandwich


Ice Cream Sandwich is taking the limelight in development. Recently ported to the Nexus S, many are curious and excited to know which device is next. ASUS said their “aim is to bring the latest Android update to the Eee Pad Series.”  Motorola’s Droid RAZR, Droid Bionic, and XOOM are definitely getting the update, and they will announce more “devices for ICS 6 weeks after Google releases the final version of it.” If you’re looking to get a new device soon, it’ll likely come stocked with Ice Cream Sandwich.

For those who haven’t upgraded in a while, the Samsung Galaxy S is now on the list of devices with successful Ice Cream Sandwich ports. When I say it’s successful, I mean it’s not released, in alpha, and facing a lot of work before decently working.  But it’s there and still worth mentioning.
Operating system ports keep us sane, as far as I’m concerned. Google hasn’t released the retail version, and won’t until the release of their flagship device, the Galaxy Nexus, on November 17th. I know I wouldn’t be able to wait until then to try out the operating system I and millions of others waited for since Google I/O in May this year. I was so desperate to try the new iteration, I’m using the mildly buggy port for the Nexus S as my personal platform.
XDA members galnet and lttldvl, well-known MIUI developers, are heading the port to the Samsung Galaxy S, stating that they’re “taking a break from MIUI over the weekend” and “thought they’d work on trying to port ICS over to the SGS.” Work never ends for the geniuses we are lucky to have on our forums, and we thank you for taking the time to push this out. We’re all looking forward to more developments.
Sources:
KnowYourMobile
Pocket-Lint
InToMobile

Comments

Popular Posts