remember the baseband is preserved there will be no upgrade to your iphone baseband this will help you unlock your iphone.
ACTIVATED = means when u have SIM card of a official carrier
UN-ACTIVATED= mean u on't have SIM card of an official carrier
and read carefully the below details :
How to UPGRADE :
• Use this guide on your own risk, i am not responsible for any damage (if any).
1. Step 1 : Download iPhone 3GS custom iOS 4.1
2. Step 2 : open itunes connect iphone sync and backup
3. Step 3 : Hit SHIFT key in keyboard + restore button itunes at the same time
4. Step 4: browse to the custom ipsw file that u have download and start restore
5. Step 5 : if u get no errors u r good and iOS 4.1 will be restored to custom 4.1
6. Step 5 : if u get error 1604 then u should downgrade to 3.1.2 and this needs that your device ECID should have been saved on cydia and then after that when downgraded to 3.1.2 use redsn0w to jailbreak os 3.1.2 when jailbroken. then upgrade to a custom made 4.1 ipsw !
7. Step 6: open itunes and again RETORE + SHIFT and browse to iOS 4.1 custom ipsw and start restoring
Download iOS 4.1 CUSTOM ipsw files made with Pwangetool 4.1 from here ( iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple TV)
iPad iOS 3.2.2 :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPad_iOS3_2_2__Custom_ipsw.zip
Apple TV iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: AppleTV iOS4_1_Custom_ipsw.zip
iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw ACTIVATED:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 4 iOS 4.1_Custom_ACTIVATED.zip
iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw UN-ACTIVATED:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 4 iOS 4.1_Custom_UN-ACTIVATED.zip
iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw ACTIVATED:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 Custom_ACTIVATED.zip
iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw UN-ACTIVATED:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 Custom_UN-ACTIVATED.zip
iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw ACTIVATED – ALL extra functions:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw_ACTIVATED_ALL functions.zip
iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw ACTIVATED – NO extra functions:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw_ACTIVATED_NO extra functions.zip
iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw UN-ACTIVATED – ALL extra functions:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw_UN-ACTIVATED_ALL extra functions.zip
iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw UN-ACTIVATED – NO extra functions:
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw_UN-ACTIVATED_NO extra functions.zip
iPod Touch 3rd gen iOS 4.1 Custom ipw :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPod 3rd gen Custom ipsw.zip
iPod Touch 4th gen iOS 4.1 Custom ipsw :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPod 4th gen custom ipsw.zip
Now, you will need to put the device in recovery mode or DFU. Here’s how:
• turn off your iOS device while still connected to your computer
• hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds, then release just the
• hold the home button and power button until you will see the iTunes logo and
USB cable on your device’s screen. Until you see that on your screen, the
device will turn on and off a couple of times. Keep holding the buttons down,
until you see the iTunes logo.
• just use RecBoot to put your device in recovery mode…
1. Now open iTunes. It will prompt you with a message that it found a device in recovery mode. Click OK…
2. Hold down the Shift key and click on restore. Choose the custom firmware you just created and click open.
3. Wait for iTunes to restore your iOS device with the custom firmware.
4. That’s it. Enjoy
5. to unlock just open ultras0w in cydia and install and reboot that’s all !!
We’re pleased to release PwnageTool 4.1 for Mac OS X (free of charge, blog ads, and donation requests — as always!). Today’s big new addition to the jailbreak family is AppleTV 2G,
Through a combination of the recently released geohot limera1n exploit , @comex’s recently released pf kernel exploit, and our original pwnage2 exploit, PwnageTool 4.1 works untethered on these devices at firmware 4.1:
¥ AppleTV 2G
¥ iPad (firmware 3.2.2)
¥ iPod touch 4G
¥ iPod touch 3G
¥ iPhone 3GS
¥ iPhone 3G
PwnageTool allows you to restore to a custom IPSW file. For instance, you can restore to a pre-jailbroken firmware while simultaneously maintaining your current baseband (and thus your ultrasn0w carrier unlock). You can also add whatever packages you want in the “Expert” mode of PwnageTool, if you wish to pre-install Cydia packages. iPhone 3G users get the additional benefit of selecting their own boot and recovery logos, and features like multitasking and battery charge percentage.
PwnageTool’s main advantage to ramdisk-based methods (limera1n, greenpois0n, redsn0w) is for unlockers — those that need to keep their current baseband and preserve their ultrasn0w unlock. But in this new age of both bootrom- and userland-based exploits, it’s an excellent platform for continuing the jailbreak through all future firmwares. More on this later! In the meantime, please enjoy this free software and please provide any usage feedback in our comment section below.
AppleTV 2G users: Welcome to the JB family! Right now, about all you can do is command-line stuff via ssh. You also have afc2 available, so you can use tools like ifunbox to move files around. These are the *very* early days of AppleTV 2G jailbreaking, so it’ll take some time for JB app developers to come up with methods to use your AppleTV 2G from the remote, versus the command line. PS: Your ssh password is “alpine”…please change it when you can
Expert mode: By popular demand, the IPSW file selection in Expert mode is now completely manual (doesn’t use Spotlight). Just pick your IPSW file directly instead of waiting for the Spotlight search to complete. In Expert mode, the default is to hacktivate (“Activate the iPhone”), so if you have a legit SIM card be sure to deselect that option in Expert mode.
DFU button: That “DFU” button in PwnageTool is more than it looks like. It guides you through the DFU process, but then also runs the appropriate exploit to convince your device and iTunes that all is legit. The DFU button in PwnageTool is not just your average DFU.